Strategic planning consultants assist organizations to update their goals and identify new capabilities, tying strategic goals to a strategic management plan and goal setting.
Why do Strategic Planning Consultants require professional indemnity insurance?
Strategic consultants help their clients build a strong strategic foundation by designing and managing creative, collaborative strategic planning processes. Their duties include:
- Creating SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats ) of results by looking outside and Inside the Organization
- Designing a planning process that fits the character and culture of an organization
- Organization-wide consensus on future direction, goals, guiding principles, and outcomes
- Conducting quality of worklife surveys to help assess employee perceptions of the organization strengths and weaknesses
- Facilitate strategic planning sessions with management and boards to create a vision, mission, goals and objectives.
- Evaluate strategic options including feasibility studies and cost benefit analysis.
- Develop financial strategies.
- Analyze the financial implications of strategic decisions.
- Identify areas of risk.
- Create proposals for new accounts to ensure a high standard of quality and financial viability of all proposed new assignments.
- Establish and maintain strategic alliances with key clients.
Errors or omissions by the Strategic Planning Consultant can lead to a financial claim against them by a client. Professional Indemnity Insurance covers the Consultant for any legal costs that may arise from the client and any civil damages that may be payable.
Public Liability Insurance for Strategic Planning Consultants
If you or any of your employees visit a customers premises your actions could cause an injury to another person. Similarly, if an accident happens whilst a member of the public comes to your place of business and they are injured you could be held liable. Public Liability Insurance protects you in the event that such accidents occur and a claim is subsequently made against you.
Public liability insurance also covers you if damage is caused to third party property while at the customers business. An example would be if an employee broke a valuable item while making a delivery at a customer's home. The claim to replace the item would be covered by public liability insurance.
Key exposures for Strategic Planning Consultants:
- Failure to link the strategic plan to the budgeting process properly
- Stifling communication
- Not allowing enough time for strategic planning process to take place
- Failing to gather applicable information for the strategic sessions
- Failure to design successful strategic planning policy
- Invasion of privacy, libel, defamation, breach of confidentiality
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away !
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium in both respects.
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums for both classes of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity ($1M cover) start from $776 (incl. GST).
For your own protection you should have a minimum level of Professional Indemnity(PI) insurance. In the event that the services you provide for a client lead to a claim against that client they will generally look at claiming against the contractor. PI insurance will protect you in the event that this occurs.
In addition, the majority of jobs you are contracted to do, and most tenders you respond to call for proof that you have a minimum level of PI and Public Liability cover.... You will generally not be considered for a job without it !
We have designed the Insurance application process so that it takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove to clients and prospects that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy !! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and policy wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However if you do have prior claims or provide services to high risk industries we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
Your Insurance policy is arranged by Express Insurance acting as an agent of Berkley Insurance Australia, a registered business name of Berkley Insurance Company (ABN 53 126 559 706) and part of the W.R.Berkley Corporation.
Berkley Insurance Australia underwrites a significant portfolio of general insurance business in Australia. They are fully authorised and regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulator Authority (APRA) which is the predential regulator of the Australian financial services industry.
There financial strength rating of Berkley Insurance Australia is "A+(Strong)" by Standard & Poor's.
Plan is one of the oldest and largest children's development organisations in the world. We work with communities in 50 developing countries and raise funds to support our work in 21 countries like Australia.
By actively involving children, and working at a grassroots level with no religious or political agenda, we unite and inspire people around the globe to transform the world for children.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined in the Form below.