Organisation Design consultants establish and implement Organisation design standards. Their job requires specialist skills that embrace areas such as strategy, operations, financials, people management and technology.
Why do Organisation Design Consultants require professional indemnity insurance?
The basic responsibilities of Organisation Design Consultants are:
- Conduct Organisational assessment to identify optimal structures through functional and role analysis, including analysis of overall Organisation effectiveness, and potential overlap in accountabilities and work efforts.
- Recommend Organisation design principles and guidelines to maximize effectiveness, consistency and alignment across the Organisation.
- Assess the impact of the recommended Organisation structure alternatives taking into account any implications and/or constraints identified by the client groups.
- Develop change management plans to ensure effective adoption of Organisation design changes, particularly those that may be initially disruptive.
- Analyze Organisation effectiveness metrics at various levels throughout the Organisation
- On an ongoing basis, evaluate and make recommendations to Managers and Business/functional leaders on structure alternatives that will increase their Organisational effectiveness.
- Lead job evaluation initiatives
- Conduct in depth analysis of Organisational structures and roles to ensure full understanding of job context, job content and to accurately assess work and job levels.
- Partner with HR to perform job analysis and job evaluation using established benchmark jobs and job evaluation references
- Support job evaluation decisions with clearly documented job descriptions, sound rationale and internal comparisons in order to facilitate the communication of job evaluation decisions between HR Relationship Managers, Managers and Associates to meet regulatory requirements.
Carelessness or negligence in any the above mentioned duties might lead to a claim against the consultant. Professional Indemnity Insurance protects Organisation Design Consultants from claims by dissatisfied clients, providing a financial safeguard from litigation.
Public Liability Insurance for Organisation Design Consultants
If you or any of your employees visit a customers premises your actions could cause an injury to another person. Similarly, if an accident happens whilst a member of the public comes to your place of business and they are injured you could be held liable. Public Liability Insurance protects you in the event that such accidents occur and a claim is subsequently made against you.
Public liability insurance also covers you if damage is caused to third party property while at the customers business. An example would be if an employee broke a valuable item while making a delivery at a customer's home. The claim to replace the item would be covered by public liability insurance.
Key exposures for Organisation Design Consultants:
- Negligence in financial management
- Failure to provide effective guidelines and polices
- Providing wrong information and advice.
- Designing an ineffective communication strategy
- Designing an ineffective Strategy development and implementation plan
- Negligence in management and communications
- Failure in redesigning and implementing the plan
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away!
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium in both respects.
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums for both classes of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity ($1M cover) start from $776 (incl. GST).
For your own protection you should have a minimum level of Professional Indemnity(PI) insurance. In the event that the services you provide for a client lead to a claim against that client they will generally look at claiming against the contractor. PI insurance will protect you in the event that this occurs.
In addition, the majority of jobs you are contracted to do, and most tenders you respond to call for proof that you have a minimum level of PI and Public Liability cover.... You will generally not be considered for a job without it !
We have designed the Insurance application process so it only takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove to clients and prospects that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy!! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally on the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder email with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However, if you do have prior claims or provide services to high risk industries we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
Your Insurance policy is arranged by Express Insurance acting as an agent of QBE Insurance ( Australia ) Limited (ABN 78003 191035).
QBE holds an Australian financial service licence (AFSL 280193).
QBE carries a Standard & Poors rating of "A+" and has been providing peace of mind to Australians and overseas clients for more than 120 years.
QBE Australia is a member of the QBE Insurance Group, Australia's largest international insurance and reinsurance group and one of the top25 in the world. They operate in all key insurance markets with offices in 45 countries staffed by around 13,000 team members.
Plan is one of the oldest and largest children's development organisations in the world. We work with communities in 50 developing countries and raise funds to support our work in 21 countries like Australia.
By actively involving children, and working at a grassroots level with no religious or political agenda, we unite and inspire people around the globe to transform the world for children.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is tolodge your claim form.