A marketing consultant works with companies to create and implement marketing strategies. The consultant helps create a detailed marketing plan, determine the marketing message, and identify the appropriate marketing mix for a client.
Why do Marketing Consultants require professional indemnity insurance?
Some of the major responsibilities of a marketing consultant include:
- Leverage/develop the portfolio of marketing tools and services
- Implement/manage marketing procedures and processes, evaluate existing practice and opportunities for standardization
- Participate in determining the group marketing strategy with sales and product teams
- Aligned with sales team to engage channel partners, exploring collaboration opportunities and joint marketing programs
- Organise marketing events such as road shows, seminars and exhibitions
- Maintain the library of marketing literature and interactive media for better branding and sales support
- Manage budgets in various marketing areas and vendor relationships
- Write press releases, speeches and announcements
- Maintain corporate websites
- Develop and implement marketing plans
- Initiate and propose positive push and pull activities with the sales team
- Track all marketing initiatives and creating weekly/monthly reports
- Review branding and positioning of the company
Carelessness or negligence in any the above mentioned duties performed by a Marketing consultant might lead to a claim against them. Professional indemnity insurance protects a marketing consultant from claims by dissatisfied clients, providing a financial safeguard in the event of litigation.
Public Liability Insurance for Marketing Consultants
If you or any of your employees visit a customers premises your actions could cause an injury to another person. Similarly, if an accident happens whilst a member of the public comes to your place of business and they are injured you could be held liable. Public Liability Insurance protects you in the event that such accidents occur and a claim is subsequently made against you.
Public liability insurance also covers you if damage is caused to third party property while at the customers business. An example would be if an employee broke a valuable item while making a delivery at a customer's home. The claim to replace the item would be covered by public liability insurance.
Key exposures for Marketing Consultants:
Some of the major responsibilities of a marketing consultant include:
- Failure to design a successful marketing strategy
- Preparing reports that are misleading , based on incorrect information and data
- Failure to forecast the market trends correctly leading to incorrect decision making
- Conflict of interest
- Improper fact verification and/or lack of careful research - leading to misleading information errors in business advice and investment advice and even deliberate dissemination of false information
- Invasion of privacy, libel, defamation, breach of confidentiality
- Incorrect Strategic advice
- Employee dishonesty - employees selling confidential information to other firms
- Deceptive conduct in relation to advertising material
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away!
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium in both respects.
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums for both classes of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity ($1M cover) start from $776 (incl. GST).
For your own protection you should have a minimum level of Professional Indemnity(PI) insurance. In the event that the services you provide for a client lead to a claim against that client they will generally look at claiming against the contractor. PI insurance will protect you in the event that this occurs.
In addition, the majority of jobs you are contracted to do, and most tenders you respond to call for proof that you have a minimum level of PI and Public Liability cover.... You will generally not be considered for a job without it !
We have designed the Insurance application process so it only takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove to clients and prospects that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy!! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally on the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder email with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However, if you do have prior claims or provide services to high risk industries we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
Your Insurance policy is arranged by Express Insurance acting as an agent of QBE Insurance ( Australia ) Limited (ABN 78003 191035).
QBE holds an Australian financial service licence (AFSL 280193).
QBE carries a Standard & Poors rating of "A+" and has been providing peace of mind to Australians and overseas clients for more than 120 years.
QBE Australia is a member of the QBE Insurance Group, Australia's largest international insurance and reinsurance group and one of the top25 in the world. They operate in all key insurance markets with offices in 45 countries staffed by around 13,000 team members.
Plan is one of the oldest and largest children's development organisations in the world. We work with communities in 50 developing countries and raise funds to support our work in 21 countries like Australia.
By actively involving children, and working at a grassroots level with no religious or political agenda, we unite and inspire people around the globe to transform the world for children.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined below.
Please complete the claim form