An Industrial Relation Consultant generally has leadership qualities to solve problems on site, utilizing their possess excellent communication, relationship building and influencing skills with ability to motivate others to initiate change.
Why do Industrial Relations Consultants require professional indemnity insurance?
The basic duties and responsibilities of an Industrial Relations Consultant are:
- To provide advice and guidance on all personnel and industrial relations matters affecting the site.
- To assist in the negotiation of the site agreement, to recruit and release labour and to deal with all labour disputes and grievances at site level in accordance with the ruling Company procedures.
- Ensure that Construction Contractors are informed of all matters which will affect them.
- Ensure awareness and full understanding of the statutory requirements relating to the employment of labour, working conditions, welfare, redundancy, etc.
- Ensure that all newly recruited labour is fully informed of the terms and conditions of employment and the type of work to be carried out, including the terms of the Site Agreement, the ruling safety regulations and procedures, the system for the payment of wages and the welfare facilities available on the site.
- Review the working conditions and welfare facilities on the site
- Advise the Resident Construction Manager and other Management as appropriate on the settlement and administration of minor staff problems.
- Take note of other Agreements, working conditions and practices in the area, obtain as much detailed information as possible and assess the efficiency of any such Agreement in order to determine its effect on his own site situation and its usefulness in the preparation of future agreements.
- Ensure that full and complete records be maintained of all starts, finishes, work records, warnings, final assessment disputes, meetings etc. in order that a complete picture of industrial relations aspects of the contract can be built up.
The job of an Industrial Relation Consultant demands professionalism, and therefore any type of negligent act, error and omission in the rendering, or failing to render services can result in a claim against them. In this situation Professional Indemnity Insurance will provide financial security.
Public Liability Insurance for Industrial Relations Consultants
If you or any of your employees visit a customers premises your actions could cause an injury to another person. Similarly, if an accident happens whilst a member of the public comes to your place of business and they are injured you could be held liable. Public Liability Insurance protects you in the event that such accidents occur and a claim is subsequently made against you.
Public liability insurance also covers you if damage is caused to third party property while at the customers business. An example would be if an employee broke a valuable item while making a delivery at a customer's home. The claim to replace the item would be covered by public liability insurance.
Key exposures for Industrial Relations Consultants:
- Negligence in management of site matters.
- Negligence in organizing schedules.
- Incorrect Strategic advice
- Copyright infringement/insider trading/plagiarism
- Conflict of interest
- Employee dishonesty - employees selling confidential information to other industries.
- Designing an ineffective communication strategy with client or labour.
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away!
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium in both respects.
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums for both classes of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity start from $602 (incl. GST).
From a compliance perspective and for your own protection you should have a minimum level of Professional Indemnity(PI) insurance. In the event that the services you provide for a client lead to a claim against that client they will generally look at claiming against the provider. PI insurance will protect you in the event that this occurs.
We have designed the Insurance application process so it only takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy!! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally on the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder email with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However, if for example you have prior claims we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
Your Insurance policy is arranged by Express Insurance acting as an agent of Berkley Insurance Australia, a registered business name of Berkley Insurance Company (ABN 53 126 559 706) and part of the W.R.Berkley Corporation.
Berkley Insurance Australia underwrites a significant portfolio of general insurance business in Australia. They are fully authorised and regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulator Authority (APRA) which is the prudential regulator of the Australian financial services industry.
The financial strength rating of Berkley Insurance Australia is "A+ (Strong)" by Standard & Poor's.
For each policy completed online we make a donation to Skin & Cancer Foundation.
About Skin & Cancer Foundation
The Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc is a not-for-profit, DGR registered, organisation which provides specialist treatment, education and research for a wide variety of skin disorders, skin cancers and melanomas.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined below.