Handwriting Experts collect, identify, classify, and analyze physical evidence relating to criminal investigations.
Why do Handwriting Experts require Professional Indemnity Insurance?
A Handwriting Expert performs the following duties:
- Keeps records and prepare reports detailing findings, investigative methods, and laboratory techniques
- Testifies in court regarding investigative or analytical methods or findings
- Takes photographs of evidence
- Confers with ballistics, fingerprinting, handwriting, documents, electronics, medical, chemical, or metallurgical experts regarding evidence and its interpretation
- Visits morgues, examine scenes of crimes, or contacts other sources to obtain evidence or information to be used in investigations
- Collects and stores evidence from crime scenes
- Uses chemicals or other substances to examine latent fingerprint evidence and compare developed prints to those of known criminals persons
- Prepares solutions or sample formulations needed for laboratory work
- Trains new technicians or other personnel on forensic science techniques
- Reconstructs crime scenes to determine relationships between pieces of evidence
- Examines and analyzes blood stain patterns at crime scenes
- Collects impressions of dust from surfaces to obtain and identify fingerprints
Handwriting Experts work is quite detailed and mistakes can be costly and possibly lead to a claim. Thus all practicing Handwriting Experts should keep professional indemnity insurance policy for financial security in the event that a claim arises and has to be defended.
Public Liability Insurance for Handwriting Experts
If you or any of your employees visit a customers premises your actions could cause an injury to another person. Similarly, if an accident happens whilst a member of the public comes to your place of business and they are injured you could be held liable. Public Liability Insurance protects you in the event that such accidents occur and a claim is subsequently made against you.
Public liability insurance also covers you if damage is caused to third party property while at the customers business. An example would be if an employee broke a valuable item while making a delivery at a customer's home. The claim to replace the item would be covered by public liability insurance.
Key exposures for Handwriting Experts:
- Negligence in keeping records and preparing reports, detailing findings, investigative methods, and laboratory techniques.
- Damaging parts of documents by mistake.
- Incorrect decipherment of obscure, deleted or damaged parts of documents.
- Incorrect identification of handwriting, typewriting, ink, paper, writing instruments and relationships of documents.
- Wrongly testifying in court about investigative or analytical methods or findings.
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away!
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium in both respects.
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums for both classes of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity start from $602 (incl. GST).
From a compliance perspective and for your own protection you should have a minimum level of Professional Indemnity(PI) insurance. In the event that the services you provide for a client lead to a claim against that client they will generally look at claiming against the provider. PI insurance will protect you in the event that this occurs.
We have designed the Insurance application process so it only takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy!! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally on the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder email with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However, if for example you have prior claims we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
Your Insurance policy is arranged by Express Insurance acting as an agent of Berkley Insurance Australia, a registered business name of Berkley Insurance Company (ABN 53 126 559 706) and part of the W.R.Berkley Corporation.
Berkley Insurance Australia underwrites a significant portfolio of general insurance business in Australia. They are fully authorised and regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulator Authority (APRA) which is the prudential regulator of the Australian financial services industry.
The financial strength rating of Berkley Insurance Australia is "A+ (Strong)" by Standard & Poor's.
For each policy completed online we make a donation to Skin & Cancer Foundation.
About Skin & Cancer Foundation
The Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc is a not-for-profit, DGR registered, organisation which provides specialist treatment, education and research for a wide variety of skin disorders, skin cancers and melanomas.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined below.