Flora and fauna consultants study plants and wildlife. They conduct flora and fauna surveys and suggest ways to save and conserve endangered species of plants and wildlife.
Why do Flora and Fauna consultants need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
Flora and Fauna consultants generally provide the following services:
- Describing the physical attributes of a site such as location, topography, degree of slope, aspect, soils, drainage lines, creeks etc.
- Mapping and classifying the broader vegetation types including terrestrial and wetland flora found in a study area and describe the structural and floristic elements found in each broad vegetation community.
- Identifying the terrestrial and wetland flora found on a site.
- Identifying the terrestrial vertebrate fauna (mammals, frogs, birds and reptiles) found on a site.
- Recognizing and considering the habitat requirements for flora and fauna.
- Following the methods prescribed in appropriate Flora and Fauna Survey Guidelines.
- Photograph the vegetation, landscape and wildlife.
- Providing a comprehensive report detailing the above findings and any relevant observations plus offer recommendations to minimize the affects of proposed actions or development on the site.
Flora and fauna consultant must perform the above mentioned tasks diligently to ensure that mistakes are minimised.Professional Indemnity (PI) Insurance will protect them from all such liabilities and will provide him with compensation for any claims against him.
Public Liability Insurance for Flora and Fauna Consultants
If you or any of your employees visit a customers premises your actions could cause an injury to another person. Similarly, if an accident happens whilst a member of the public comes to your place of business and they are injured you could be held liable. Public Liability Insurance protects you in the event that such accidents occur and a claim is subsequently made against you.
Public liability insurance also covers you if damage is caused to third party property while at the customers business. An example would be if an employee broke a valuable item while making a delivery at a customer's home. The claim to replace the item would be covered by public liability insurance.
Key exposures for Flora and Fauna Consultants:
- Inappropriate guidline for the safety and conservation of flora and fauna
- Negligence in carrying out flora and fauna surveys
- Failure to submit work in time
- Negligence in management of information
- Breach of contract or duty
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away!
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium in both respects.
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums for both classes of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity start from $602 (incl. GST).
From a compliance perspective and for your own protection you should have a minimum level of Professional Indemnity(PI) insurance. In the event that the services you provide for a client lead to a claim against that client they will generally look at claiming against the provider. PI insurance will protect you in the event that this occurs.
We have designed the Insurance application process so it only takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy!! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally on the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder email with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However, if for example you have prior claims we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
Your Insurance policy is arranged by Express Insurance acting as an agent of Berkley Insurance Australia, a registered business name of Berkley Insurance Company (ABN 53 126 559 706) and part of the W.R.Berkley Corporation.
Berkley Insurance Australia underwrites a significant portfolio of general insurance business in Australia. They are fully authorised and regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulator Authority (APRA) which is the prudential regulator of the Australian financial services industry.
The financial strength rating of Berkley Insurance Australia is "A+ (Strong)" by Standard & Poor's.
For each policy completed online we make a donation to Skin & Cancer Foundation.
About Skin & Cancer Foundation
The Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc is a not-for-profit, DGR registered, organisation which provides specialist treatment, education and research for a wide variety of skin disorders, skin cancers and melanomas.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined below.