Oenologists/Winemakers supervise and manage the different stages of wine production, including fermentation, ageing and bottling.
Key exposures for Oenologists / Winemakers
- Carelessness in blending different grape varieties.
- Not being able to direct the grape crushing process.
- Preparing ineffective plans for bottling wine.
- Failure to decide when a wine can be blended and bottled.
- Carelessness in supervision of activities of other staff involved in the production of wine.
- Giving flawed advise on maintenance of the vineyard and winery during the off-season.
Why do Oenologists / Winemakers need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
Oenologists/Winemakers duties can include the following:
- Blend different grape varieties together to create a finished wine
- Direct the grape crushing process
- Direct and manage the work of cellar assistants, who operate and maintain the various machines utilized during winemaking
- Supervise laboratory technicians who analyze samples of wine while it ages
- Perform the necessary laboratory tests to monitor the progress of grapes, check their quality and determine the right time for harvest
- Set the filtered wine in casks for storage and maturation and prepare plans for bottling wine once it has matured
- Decide when a wine can be blended and bottled
- Oversee the staff involved in the production of wine, including their training.
- Advise on maintenance of the vineyard and winery during the off-season
- Agree with sales and marketing personnel the type, style and quality of the wines that to be produced so they will meet the demands of the market
- Keep production records, composing copy for wine bottle labels and develop new vineyards
- Promote and Sell the final product to distributors and customers
It is crucial that Oenologists/Winemakers have adequate protection in case they make errors or mistakes in the provision of their services. Professional Indemnity Insurance for Oenologists/Winemakers will provide such protection by paying both legal fees incurred in defending a claim and any damages payable.
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away!
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium in both respects.
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums for both classes of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity start from $602 (incl. GST).
We have designed the Insurance application process so it only takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy!! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally on the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder email with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However, if for example you have prior claims we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
The Allianz Group is one of the largest and most renowned insurance and financial services providers in the world.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 15 000 122 850) is:
- One of Australia's largest general insurers (No.4)
- Provides some form of insurance cover for more than half of Australia's top 50 BRW-listing companies (2005)
- Has over 2 million policyholders
- Is one of the leading private Workers Compensation Insurers in Australia
For each policy completed online we make a donation to Skin & Cancer Foundation.
About Skin & Cancer Foundation
The Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc is a not-for-profit, DGR registered, organisation which provides specialist treatment, education and research for a wide variety of skin disorders, skin cancers and melanomas.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined below.