Weight loss centers are dedicated to providing weight loss and weight management services.
Key exposures for Weight Loss Centres
- Negligence in providing guidance
- Failure to Design successful weight loss programs
- Misplacement of records
- Wrong Advice on dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Negligence in preparing diet plans
- Making promises to clients regarding their potential to lose weight which are not realised
Why do Weight Loss Centres need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
The general services provided by Weight Loss Centers include the following:
- Seminars and educational programs to assist in weight loss
- Pre-surgical nursing, dietary and psychological counseling
- Pre-admission testing
- Follow-up care
- Support groups
- Exercise Demonstrations
- Offer careful monitoring throughout weight loss programs
- One-on-one support by staff counsellors, weekly weigh-ins, body measurements, regular body composition analyses, behavioral guidance classes, and a continuous monitoring of baseline vital signs and general health.
- Conduct a pre-diet testing and evaluation process, which helps select the program that would be most effective for a client
If Weight Loss Centers make any false advice or errors whilst providing their services a customer may make a claim against them for damages. Professional Indemnity Insurance for Weight Loss Centers provides essential financial protection by covering legal defense costs and damages payable in the event of a claim.
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away!
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
Weight Loss Centres
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium .
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums this class of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity start from $602 (incl. GST).
We have designed the Insurance application process so it only takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy!! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally on the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder email with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However, if for example you have prior claims we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
Your Public Liability Insurance policy is arranged by Express Insurance acting as an agent of Berkley Insurance Australia, a registered business name of Berkley Insurance Company (ABN 53 126 559 706) and part of the W.R.Berkley Corporation.
Berkley Insurance Australia underwrites a significant portfolio of general insurance business in Australia. They are fully authorised and regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulator Authority (APRA) which is the prudential regulator of the Australian financial services industry.
The financial strength rating of Berkley Insurance Australia is "A+ (Strong)" by Standard & Poor's.
For each policy completed online we make a donation to Skin & Cancer Foundation.
About Skin & Cancer Foundation
The Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc is a not-for-profit, DGR registered, organisation which provides specialist treatment, education and research for a wide variety of skin disorders, skin cancers and melanomas.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined below.