Antiques and Art Valuers provide clients with professional and informed valuations of their antiques, valuables and artworks. They also advise clients on purchasing and selling art and antiques.
Key exposures for Antiques and Art Valuers
- Failure to pay attention to important details
- Failure to remain up to date with the current demand and prices
- Failure to check origins of objects
- Negligence in researching work
- Negligence in the evaluation of the object
- Making wrong assessments
Why do Antiques and Art Valuers need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
Antiques and Art Valuers tasks include:
- Evaluation of the condition, quality and age of an object or collection
- Checking if objects have been restored or modified in any way
- Tracing origins of objects by collecting proof of ownership, such as receipts and other documents
- Performing research by making use of Internet and books
- Conferring with historians and specialists
- Remaining up to date with the current demand and prices for antiques and valuables
- Making written assessment for clients
- Arranging catalogues
- Providing valuations
Antiques and Art Valuers work is of very delicate nature and there is always a chance that they might commit a mistake or an error while performing their duties. Professional Indemnity Insurance covers Antique and Art Valuers for the legal costs in defending a claim brought against them plus the costs of any related damages.
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away!
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
Antiques and Art Valuers
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium .
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums this class of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity start from $602 (incl. GST).
We have designed the Insurance application process so it only takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy!! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally on the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder email with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However, if for example you have prior claims we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
The Allianz Group is one of the largest and most renowned insurance and financial services providers in the world.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 15 000 122 850) is:
- One of Australia's largest general insurers (No.4)
- Provides some form of insurance cover for more than half of Australia's top 50 BRW-listing companies (2005)
- Has over 2 million policyholders
- Is one of the leading private Workers Compensation Insurers in Australia
For each policy completed online we make a donation to Skin & Cancer Foundation.
About Skin & Cancer Foundation
The Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc is a not-for-profit, DGR registered, organisation which provides specialist treatment, education and research for a wide variety of skin disorders, skin cancers and melanomas.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined below.