Traffic Management Consultants have to manage the provision of specialist services and advice related to the application of road traffic management policies and standards that impact on the safe operations of the road network.
Key exposures for Traffic Management Consultants
- Failure to Design successful traffic management strategies
- Incorrect Strategic advice
- Failure to develop and deliver client communication programs
- Failure to advise stakeholders correctly
- Failure to manage implementation of Pedestrian, Cycling and Disability Access policies, guidelines and activities
Why do Traffic Management Consultants need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
- Review and recommend regulatory applications for road pavement marking, road signs and traffic signals for Regions.
- Oversee the development of road traffic management plans for major and special events.
- Advise on the traffic management implications of complex or sensitive road project and traffic management plans.
- Manage speed zoning activities including investigations, speed limit recommendations and speed zoning trials.
- Manage the application for inspections or enforcement of standards relating to roadside signs.
- Manage implementation of Pedestrian, Cycling and Disability Access policies, guidelines and activities.
- Provide a specialist advisory service with regard to the application of traffic management policies and standards.
- Provide consultancy for the resolution of complex traffic management matters to internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure consistent application of traffic management policies and standards.
- Represent client on traffic management related committees and working parties.
Professional Indemnity Insurance will indemnify the Consultant in respect to claims made for any negligent act, error or omission in providing the above tasks. It is advisable that Traffic Management Consultants hold some Professional Indemnity Insurance as potential claims can be expensive to litigate and can put the viability of the Consultants business at risk particularly where they are found to be negligent.
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away !
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium in both respects.
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums for both classes of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity start from $602 (incl. GST).
We have designed the Insurance application process so that it takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy !! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and policy wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However if for example you have prior claims we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
The Allianz Group is one of the largest and most renowned insurance and financial services providers in the world.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 15 000 122 850) is:
- One of Australia's largest general insurers (No.4)
- Provides some form of insurance cover for more than half of Australia's top 50 BRW-listing companies (2005)
- Has over 2 million policyholders
- Is one of the leading private Workers Compensation Insurers in Australia
For each policy completed online we make a donation to Skin & Cancer Foundation.
About Skin & Cancer Foundation
The Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc is a not-for-profit, DGR registered, organisation which provides specialist treatment, education and research for a wide variety of skin disorders, skin cancers and melanomas.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined below.
Please complete the claim form via the link below and email to email@example.com