Forestry Consultants advise clients on the selection, health, maintenance and marketing of trees and timber. They can also advise on any aspects of forest management and timber trading.
Key exposures for Forestry Consultants
- Carelessness in forest inspections.
- Preparing faulty reports.
- Negligence in listing of amount and location of standing timber.
- Negligence in classification of potential markets available for harvested timber.
- Failure to monitor results of forestry activities.
- Creating flawed plans for management of forest lands and forest resources.
- Carelessness in supervision of activities of other forestry workers.
- Negligence in planning and implementing projects for conservation of wildlife habitats and soil and water quality.
Why do Forestry Consultants need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
Forestry Consultants tasks can include:
- Undertaking forest inspections and surveys
- Preparing reports for clients
- Listing the type, amount and location of standing timber
- Identification of timber to be harvested and the potential markets available for harvested timber
- Identifying, and advising on the management or control of diseases affecting trees
- Monitoring results of forestry activities to assure adherence to government regulations
- Establishing short and long-term plans for management of forest lands and forest resources
- Supervising activities of other forestry workers
- Planning and implementing projects for conservation of wildlife habitats and soil and water quality
- Solving problems to allow for the best use of natural resources
Forestry Consultants need to be careful and avoid any mistakes or errors while performing these tasks or they may face claims for damages. Professional Indemnity Insurance covers them for the legal costs in defending legal charges brought against them and the costs of any civil damages payable.
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away!
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium in both respects.
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums for both classes of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity start from $602 (incl. GST).
We have designed the Insurance application process so it only takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy!! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally on the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder email with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However, if for example you have prior claims we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
The Allianz Group is one of the largest and most renowned insurance and financial services providers in the world.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 15 000 122 850) is:
- One of Australia's largest general insurers (No.4)
- Provides some form of insurance cover for more than half of Australia's top 50 BRW-listing companies (2005)
- Has over 2 million policyholders
- Is one of the leading private Workers Compensation Insurers in Australia
For each policy completed online we make a donation to Skin & Cancer Foundation.
About Skin & Cancer Foundation
The Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc is a not-for-profit, DGR registered, organisation which provides specialist treatment, education and research for a wide variety of skin disorders, skin cancers and melanomas.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined below.