A Draftsperson makes detailed plans or drawings for buildings, ships, aircraft, or machines before they are built.
Key exposures for Draftsperson
- Negligence in preparation of technical drawings and plans.
- Failure to make necessary adjustments and changes in drawings.
- Negligence in management of outputs.
- Failure to keep up with advances in computer-aided design (CAD) programs.
Why does a Draftsperson need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
The duties performed by a Draftsperson include:
- Preparing technical drawings and plans based on rough sketches and drawings, calculations and dimensions made by architects, engineers, surveyors and related workers
- Creating accurate and complete detailed drawings based on designs
- Checking drawings for conformity and accuracy
- Making adjustments and changes to a variety of detailed drawings as necessary
- Making computer-aided design (CAD) drawings
- Ensuring the format of the computer-aided design (CAD) drawing is set up to cater for individual project specific requirements
- Managing and controlling outputs
A Draftsperson could be held responsible for any kind of error or mistake that results in a loss to their client. Professional Indemnity Insurance covers legal costs and expenses incurred in defending a claim, as well as any damages that may be awarded.
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away!
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium in both respects.
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums for both classes of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity start from $602 (incl. GST).
We have designed the Insurance application process so it only takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy!! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally on the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder email with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However, if for example you have prior claims we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
The Allianz Group is one of the largest and most renowned insurance and financial services providers in the world.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 15 000 122 850) is:
- One of Australia's largest general insurers (No.4)
- Provides some form of insurance cover for more than half of Australia's top 50 BRW-listing companies (2005)
- Has over 2 million policyholders
- Is one of the leading private Workers Compensation Insurers in Australia
For each policy completed online we make a donation to Skin & Cancer Foundation.
About Skin & Cancer Foundation
The Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc is a not-for-profit, DGR registered, organisation which provides specialist treatment, education and research for a wide variety of skin disorders, skin cancers and melanomas.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined below.