Community workers provide services and assistance to people within the community. They usually assist other people in healthcare and social or behavioral sciences, including nurses, doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and social workers.
Key exposures for Community Workers
- Negligence in providing guidance
- Failure to Design successful communication strategies
- Incorrect Strategic advice
- Failure to understand and manage basic needs of the community
- Breach of confidentiality
- Misplacement of records
Why do Community Workers need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
The general responsibilities and duties of Community Workers include the following:
- Working with community groups providing a range of activities
- Identifying assets and capacities that are latent within communities
- Building capacity that allows the community to share knowledge and resources effectively
- Setting up new services by liaison with interested groups
- Recruiting and training paid and voluntary staff
- Attending meetings and presenting verbal and written reports
- Managing finance, payroll
- Making funding applications for relevant organizations
- Acting as a facilitator to promote self-help in the community.
Community workers need to be careful. Any breach of professional duty by negligent acts, errors or omissions might lead to legal action against the Community worker. Having Professional Indemnity Insurance will protect the Community Worker from financial loss as it will provide financial assistance in defending claims and any damages payable.
Why purchase your Professional Indemnity Insurance through Express Insurance?
With Express Insurance, you can source a PI quote in seconds, and have the option of adding Public Liability Insurance. You can then proceed to buy the insurance and produce your Certificate of Insurance in minutes, or alternatively save the quote back to your email account for buying later.
And we save your details on Renewal of your insurance, making the process of renewing your PI Insurance even easier and quicker.
Throughout your experience with us our team of highly experienced PI specialists are a phone call away!
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
PI premiums are determined by your Turnover and PL Premiums by the number of staff under your employ. All insurers charge a minimum premium .
We believe we have negotiated highly competitive premiums this class of insurance, and will continue to monitor premium levels available in the market to ensure this remains the case.
Premiums vary between states as a result of differing stamp duty rates, however our minimum Total Premiums for Professional Indemnity start from $602 (incl. GST).
We have designed the Insurance application process so it only takes an average of 5 minutes to complete your application. In most cases your application will be instantly approved online, and you can print your Confirmation of Insurance to prove that you have the requisite cover in place... It's that easy!! All other documentation, such as your tax invoice, policy schedule and wording will be emailed directly to you for your records.
If the policy can't be issued immediately because we require further information, we will contact you generally on the same day.
Approximately one month prior to the renewal of your policy you will receive a renewal reminder email with a link that will allow you to review your previous years cover and renew the policy even quicker!
* We have minimized the number of referral situations so that most applications will be automatically accepted. However, if for example you have prior claims we will contact you to facilitate completion of your application personally with the Insurer.
The Allianz Group is one of the largest and most renowned insurance and financial services providers in the world.
Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (ABN 15 000 122 850) is:
- One of Australia's largest general insurers (No.4)
- Provides some form of insurance cover for more than half of Australia's top 50 BRW-listing companies (2005)
- Has over 2 million policyholders
- Is one of the leading private Workers Compensation Insurers in Australia
For each policy completed online we make a donation to Skin & Cancer Foundation.
About Skin & Cancer Foundation
The Skin & Cancer Foundation Inc is a not-for-profit, DGR registered, organisation which provides specialist treatment, education and research for a wide variety of skin disorders, skin cancers and melanomas.
We will work with you to ensure that claims are handled in a professional manner and that you get a fair outcome from the Insurer. The first step is to lodge your claim as outlined below.