First Aid Trainers teach and assess students in all areas of first aid and other related subjects.
Why do First Aid Trainers require Professional Indemnity Insurance?
First Aid Trainers responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are followed in the performance of all duties
- Preparing training materials
- Ensuring that all student assessment procedures are maintained and students are aware of assessment requirements
- Ensuring that all training aids are hygienically cleaned and maintained in working order
- Researching, designing and developing training programs
- Performing administrative functions connected primarily with training, course promotion, selection, and course bookings
- Providing trainees with accurate information regarding emergency aid
- Demonstrating how first aid should be carried out
- Demonstrating how to use equipment
- Managing records
- Assessing the capabilities of the students and awarding First Aid qualifications to those who have met the criteria and standards
First Aid Trainers are responsible for ensuring that their students are qualified to deal with emergency situations. This means that they can be liable in cases of any incorrect teaching or provision of misinformation. Professional Indemnity Insurance protects First Aid Trainers against claims made against them by paying damages and legal costs in defending a claim.
Public Liability Insurance for First Aid Trainers
If you or any of your employees visit a customers premises your actions could cause an injury to another person. Similarly, if an accident happens whilst a member of the public comes to your place of business and they are injured you could be held liable. Public Liability Insurance protects you in the event that such accidents occur and a claim is subsequently made against you.
Public liability insurance also covers you if damage is caused to third party property while at the customers business. An example would be if an employee broke a valuable item while making a delivery at a customer's home. The claim to replace the item would be covered by public liability insurance.
Key exposures for First Aid Trainers:
- Failure to ensure that required policies and procedures are followed
- Negligence in cleaning and maintenance of equipment
- Carelessness in management of records.
- Making wrong assessment regarding First Aid capabilities of students
- Faulty administration
- Negligence in research work and development of training programs
- Carelessness in demonstration of first aid techniques and use of equipment
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.