Get Quote & Buy
For this occupation you will be referred to our strategic partner "Health Professionals Insurance",
a division of Medisure Indemnity Australia Ltd and a specialist in providing insurance to the Health sector.
(ABN: 29 116 319 567,
Professional Indemnity Insurance for Natural Therapists
Natural Therapists provide patients with treatments and medicines based on natural techniques and remedies. Natural Therapists can work in a variety of specific fields, including but not limited to naturopathic medicine, aromatherapy, massage therapy, and homeopathic medicine.
Why do Natural Therapists need professional indemnity insurance?
- Analyze patients' eating habits and develop personalized nutrition plans
- Prescribe natural medicines such as herbal remedies, vitamin compounds and mineral supplements
- Use organic techniques to stimulate the body's capacity for self-healing
- Manually manipulate the muscular-skeletal system to correct postural, muscular or skeletal disorders
- Examine the iris (colored part of the eye) to analyze and treat illness in various organs of the body (iridology)
- Promote preventive medicine as a complement to conventional medical treatments
Negligence in providing the above services can result in a claim by a third party, and therefore it is recommended that Natural Therapists carry Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance. Professional Indemnity Insurance is a protection mechanism for Natural Therapists designed to cover their legal fees and damages in the event of a claim.
Public Liability Insurance for Natural Therapists
If you or any of your employees visit a customers premises your actions could cause an injury to another person. Similarly, if an accident happens whilst a member of the public comes to your place of business and they are injured you could be held liable. Public Liability Insurance protects you in the event that such accidents occur and a claim is subsequently made against you.
Public liability insurance also covers you if damage is caused to third party property while at the customers business. An example would be if an employee broke a valuable item while making a delivery at a customer's home. The claim to replace the item would be covered by public liability insurance.
Key exposures for Natural Therapists:
- Negligence in providing therapy
- Failure in developing appropriate programs and services
- Negligence in counseling client
- Wrong advice given to a client
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.