Professional Indemnity Insurance for Massage Therapists
Massage Therapists use touch in order to manipulate a persons soft body tissues to increase the health and well-being of each patient.
Why do Massage Therapists need professional indemnity insurance?
The primary responsibility of a massage therapist is to massage their clients to relieve discomfort and to ease muscle tension.
A massage therapist has many responsibilities:
- Conferring with clients to learn their medical history and what problems they may have with stress or pain
- Gauging the condition of the client's soft tissues, the joint function and quality, range of motion, and muscle strength
- Proposing a specific treatment plan for the client
- Massaging the soft tissues and muscles to provide the treatment that has been determined
- Preparing and blending massage oils and applying them during the treatment process
- Conferring with physiotherapists, chiropractors, and doctors in order to design the proper treatment plan for a client
- Referring a client to different types of therapists if their condition would benefit from it
- Educating clients on how to improve their posture and teaching them strengthening, stretching, and rehabilitative exercises as well as relaxation techniques
Any false advice or mistake while giving massage and treatment could lead to a lawsuit and claim by a client against the Massage Therapist. Public Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Insurance provides essential financial protection for Massage Therapists by assisting in covering legal defense costs and damages payable in the event of a claim.
Public Liability Insurance for Massage Therapists
If you or any of your employees visit a customers premises your actions could cause an injury to another person. Similarly, if an accident happens whilst a member of the public comes to your place of business and they are injured you could be held liable. Public Liability Insurance protects you in the event that such accidents occur and a claim is subsequently made against you.
Public liability insurance also covers you if damage is caused to third party property while at the customers business. An example would be if an employee broke a valuable item while making a delivery at a customer's home. The claim to replace the item would be covered by public liability insurance.
Key exposures for Massage Therapists:
- Negligence in providing therapy
- Failure in developing appropriate programs and services
- Negligence in counseling client
- Wrong advice given to clients
Please Note: Coverage under the policy will be subject to the particular circumstances relating to a claim and the full terms and conditions of the policy.
Get a Quote and Buy
For this occupation you will be referred to our strategic partner "Health Professionals Insurance", a division of Medisure Indemnity Australia Ltd and a specialist in providing insurance to the Health sector.(ABN: 29 116 319 567, AFSL: 412681)
Express Insurance Pty Ltd (ACN 135 587 021; AR No 336461) is an authorised representative of Edgewise Insurance Brokers Pty Ltd (ACN 120 673 261: AFSL 307654). Express Insurance acts as the agent of the insurer in respect of the insurance products offered on this website and not as your agent.